In November 2017, the Egyptian government implemented a new electronic visa system to facilitate travel to Egypt and speed up the border control process. The application process is quick and simple. This involves providing basic information.
An e-Visa is an official document for entering and traveling in Egypt. Once your request is approved, we recommend that you print a copy of the document to take with you.
Types of electronic visas
There are different types of Egyptian electronic visas that you can apply for depending on your travel goals and intentions. Most of these electronic visas are available as single or multiple entry visas.
The latter allows multiple entries and can be used by more than one traveler provided that the validity period is not exceeded. The electronic tourist visa covers travelers who are in the country for tourism, while the business e-visa is for people that wants to travel to Egypt for business purposes.
These types of electronic visa allows the traveler to legally stay in the country less than 30 days from the date of entry. The work permit and resident visa is for people that intend to work and live in Egypt. On the other hand, a commercial e-visa is issued to the staff of companies and entrepreneurs visiting the country.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE REQUEST
- Passport scanning.
- The name of the destination and the physical address.
- Credit/debit card or PayPal account.
- Your e-Visa for Egypt is valid 90 days after the issue. The maximum duration of stay in Egypt is 30 days total.
- If you exceed the length of stay on your visa without holding a residence permit, you may be required to pay fines, be deported or otherwise prohibited from traveling to Egypt.
- The Egyptian e-Visa is not required for visitors from the United States, the EU or the United Kingdom who are traveling (and staying at) Sharm El Sheikh, Dahab, Nuweiba, and Taba. As long as their trip is less than 15 days, they can travel without a visa.
- Applicants must hold an ordinary passport valid for at least six months after their date of arrival in Egypt.
- It is recommended to have at least two blank page in your passport for an entry/exit stamp.
- Once the application is submitted and approved, the traveler must print and have at least one copy of the visa.
- You will need to present your printed e-visa to the immigration officer at the port of entry.
Who needs a visa to enter Egypt?
All nationalities don’t need to apply for an Egyptian electronic visa. Citizens of 41 countries are eligible for the Egyptian visa upon arrival. Among these countries are 28 European Union states, Canada, the United States, Ukraine, South Korea, etc.
Travelers should understand that being eligible for the Egypt visa on arrival does not mean that you cannot apply for a visa online. The electronic visa is much more flexible and practical because you do not need to make payments in a specific currency or line up the queue at the airport.
Some nationalities will also need a national security authorization in addition to having a visa.
International travelers have appreciated the convenience of electronic visas. Egypt is probably one of the most visited countries in Africa; it is renowned for its culture of international business and its dynamic tourist attraction sites.
Applying for your electronic visa early enough will help you avoid travel delays and other inconveniences before the visit. One of the advantages of electronic visas is that; they come with reasonable prices, in addition to saving travelers the drudgery of visiting government immigration offices and embassies.
Nationals of the 46 countries listed below can submit an e-Visa application for Egypt:
- North Korea
- South Korea
If you are not a citizen of the above countries you will need a regular visa to travel to Egypt.
Answers to frequently asked questions concerning Egyptian e-visa can be found in other sections of this website.